Thursday, April 27, 2006

Tick, tick, tick

Well, the clock is ticking on my employ here at DG. I'm surprised by the reactions I've been getting, I had no idea I am as popular as I seem to be. That, and people seem concerned about what's going to happen to the group after I leave. People also think that I'm in some "loop" about the future of the company and I must know something they don't. I know know anything, the fact that I'm so far outside of the loop is one of the reasons why I'm leaving...I'm tired of not knowing what's going on or hearing from all these new people how crappy the system is or how surprised they are by how well it all works once they finally realize that it's better than any other system they have.

I hope that after I leave they realize that if you keep your strongest teams in the dark, they get nervous and ultimately will go someplace where they feel like they are part of the solution instead of some bastard red-haired step child you keep around to do your grunt work.

Oh well, I'm really not as bitter as I sound, there are great people here in Peoria and I'll be sorry to say goodbye to them.

On another front, I'm off to Texas tomorrow for a baptism and Caffreys. I can't believe that it's been as hard as it has been to get together with Gina to replenish my supply, but if it has to wait til next week it will only mean I won't bring those with me and I'll have some at home.

That's all for now, still thawing from my bike ride this morning, so I'm off to find some coffee.

2 Comments:

Blogger Oreo said...

Jed,
I'm gonna miss you when ur gone. I know we don't spend alot of time together at work or otherwise, but it was nice to see a smiling face and everybody else thought you were great, so I knew you had to be too. Through your blog i got to know you a little better. I wish you well at your new job and hope you have McCaffrey's wishes and Ritz Cracker dreams. ^_^

12:28 PM  
Blogger Gina said...

Sorry Jed...It will have to be next week. And it WILL have to be next week! After that...I get my second surgery on the 8th and will be out of commission for at least two weeks after that. If you get desperate enough...Jason has 12 cans!

Even though I am not there right now, I will miss you too! I miss all the web/network guys! But you get to go work with Dennis! SWEET!!! I wish you the best!

2:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home