Monday, April 17, 2006

Been a while

It's been a while since I posted, figured I should write something. First, the Cliff Notes version of my life the past few months....I moved from my apartment into a house in Chillicothe.

Things to think of when you rent a house....
1) If you see a dead roach on the kitchen floor when you look through the house before you rent it, it's a pretty safe bet that there are more somewhere else. Sure, I fog-bombed it, sprayed everythign with Raid, and had Orkin come out before I moved in, but I'm still seeing the odd super roach wander around. I thought it odd after I fogged the place that there were tiny roach sized party hats on the floor next to the fogger and all my chips were gone, I think they were huffing the stuff instead of dying. Damn Roaches.

2) Wallpaper is unbelievably hard to peel off of paneling. I've probaby spent a total of 60 hours (no kidding) peeling wallpaper.

3) You can just paint over wallpaper, which I learned way too late in the process. Once I remembered that I'm renting and not buying I started looking for shortcuts

4) Dirt driveways suck, especially with the rain we've been having

I could go on, but I think I've whined enough. On the bright side, it is directly across the street from the Community Center here in Chili, where I work out every morning (except this morning since I'm old and threw my back out a few days ago). I figured that would be the only way I'd go to the gym regularly, if I had to see it every time I looked out my window.

It's also across the street from Sam's school, which is nice for her, though she and I lost the battle with Keri to let her come here after school instead of going to an after care program. Keri's paying for the after care so I didn't put up much of a fight.

Still not divorced, getting closer, though. I'm losing interest in our arrangement to stay married so she can be insured. It's been over a year, she's dating...Sam gives me guilt trips if I bring up dating someone else, and let's face it...I've been too nice for too long.

There are quite a few squirrels that live in the trees in my yard, and they are starting to look at me like we may be getting close to the time where they put their evil plan in motion. Wish me luck as I run to my car (Forget the motorcycle today, I'm still soggy from my ride last night!) since I'll have to go under that tree.

1 Comments:

Blogger Gina said...

What happens when your car doesn't unlock? With other problems with your car...I can see this happening. Plus, the squirrels could easily cut throught the lines!

Oh my GOD Ted...have you see on Real TV (Sat tv) "little groom"? It's a midget's "the bachelor". It's crazy ass hell!

8:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home