Thursday, August 25, 2005

ADD and Cruise

I've always thought that people were boring and not worth my time. After talking to someone for more than about 30 seconds my mind starts to wander and I start thinking back on the days when I worked at Caterpillar and would go weeks without having to say anything to anyone. Sure, there were hours of meetings every day, but since I was just a contractor without any projects in front of me, I could just sit there and think about times before then when people weren't talking.

I've also generally gotten bored with anything I've worked on for any period of time, hence my inability to stay at one job for more than a couple of years. Believe it or not, at 32 years of age, this stint at DG is the longest job I've held in my entire life. (And it hasn't even been for 3 years yet).

So it really came as no surprise when I was diagnosed with adult attention deficit disorder yesterday. My doctor told me I should look into ritalin, but my fear of midget-induced screaming matches made me say no. Don't get me wrong, I love midgets, and there's nothing funnier than a midget screaming until he foams in the mouth, his little arms flailing about wildly, jumping up and down...oh man, hold on, laughing too hard to type....

Ok, see what I mean, lose track pretty easily, gotta be the ADD. But, as I was saying, oh...lost interest, went and got coffee with Jason, can't remember what I was saying and can't be bothered with re-reading what I wrote.

So, in short, I've got ADD and I'm off to another doctor to prescribe some drugs so that I can go to a pharmacist to get the drugs so that maybe I'll be able to focus better and write a blog with some sort of coherency.

Walked in the woods yesterday, the turkeys were out, but luckily the Tom turkey that wants of piece of me was nowhere to be seen. I'm fairly certain he was waiting to ambush me somewhere down a path I luckily never took. Oh man, maybe it's not the squirrels, but the closer it gets to Thanksgiving the more certain I am that the turkeys are going to use me as an example. Wonder how I'd taste with apple stuffing and cranberries?

4 Comments:

Blogger Reed said...

So let me get this straight ... internal affairs knew all along?

6:21 PM  
Blogger TennesseeJed said...

Sadly, these goofballs I'm on are just making me tired, have dry mouth, and a case of the munchies. Man, I've got all the negatives of pot without any of the good effects!

So far so good, the world seems to have slowed down some, and I can seem to focus a little better, but there are still times when a spider crawling by is going to make me forget what I'm talking about. Oooooohh..there's one now.

7:20 AM  
Blogger Gina said...

Yeah, who doesn't have ADD! Hell, it's part of my last name! Do you really need to take drugs. Do you know how many people were able to live with this hundred of years before the drugs were available. They will never get to me! Mind altering drugs...and not a good kind either. They are just trying to control you! Ok...might be a little paranoid as well.

3:38 PM  
Blogger Bliss99 said...

Your just being trendy. . .

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20050915/ap_on_he_me/adults_adhd_drugs

6:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home